The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Official group for those commuting to KCL 2016

Hi! So I'll be studying at Kings College London this September. I'm thinking of commuting since rent in London is incredibly expensive. I thought I'd create a group so that we don't feel left out of any social events and stuff.

Feel free to post what course you're studying:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I'm living at home and also commuting. I dont know what to do about freshers, I want to go but I havent bought any tickets as I have no one to go with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Same here!! Well, similar: my parents wouldn't let me accept my accommodation offer as it wasn't Stamford Street Apartments, and now I'm on the waiting list but not hopeful hahaa. What campuses are you guys going to be at?? OP this was actually such a good idea to set up this group, thank you hahaa, I'm so relieved to not be alone in this!!:h::h::h:
Reply 3
Original post by tribiasfour
Same here!! Well, similar: my parents wouldn't let me accept my accommodation offer as it wasn't Stamford Street Apartments, and now I'm on the waiting list but not hopeful hahaa. What campuses are you guys going to be at?? OP this was actually such a good idea to set up this group, thank you hahaa, I'm so relieved to not be alone in this!!:h::h::h:

Aw thank you!! I'm not too hopeful about accommodation since I applied recently and I don't think I'll get Stamford. I'm thinking of commuting.

What course you studying? And don't worry you aren't in this alone :')
Reply 4
Original post by MX2111
Hey I'm living at home and also commuting. I dont know what to do about freshers, I want to go but I havent bought any tickets as I have no one to go with.

Hey! I'm in the same position with Freshers!!!! What course you studying?
Original post by darkskies
Aw thank you!! I'm not too hopeful about accommodation since I applied recently and I don't think I'll get Stamford. I'm thinking of commuting.

What course you studying? And don't worry you aren't in this alone :':wink:

I'll be studying English, so I'll be at Stand Campus:h: How about you?? Honestly, this is such a relief hahaaa!!
I'm also commuting
Reply 7
I'll be studying English, so I'll be at Stand Campus:h: How about you?? Honestly, this is such a relief hahaaa!!

Oh nice! I'll be at Strand Campus too since I'm doing history:biggrin: yeah, I'd really like to get some kind of 'commuting' group going before Uni starts
Reply 8
Original post by Mesosleepy
I'm also commuting

Hi! Welcome! What course will you be studying? :smile:
Oh nice! I'll be at Strand Campus too since I'm doing history:biggrin: yeah, I'd really like to get some kind of 'commuting' group going before Uni starts

That's awesome!! One of my friends is going to commute and she's doing History too!! That's such a good idea - maybe some of us could meet at the induction events or something!!:h:
Reply 10
That's awesome!! One of my friends is going to commute and she's doing History too!! That's such a good idea - maybe some of us could meet at the induction events or something!!:h:

Oh sweeeet! Yeah, i think that would be really nice :smile:
Hi! I'm commuting too and I'll be studying medicine :h:
Reply 12
Original post by MediatorBel21
Hi! I'm commuting too and I'll be studying medicine :h:

Hey!!! Welcome :biggrin:
How are you feeling about starting Uni?
Congratulations on getting into med
Hey!!! Welcome :biggrin:
How are you feeling about starting Uni?
Congratulations on getting into med

Aww thanks :tongue: and I'm excited and nervous at the same time but I feel the nerves will increase as the time gets closer. How about you?
Reply 14
Original post by MediatorBel21
Aww thanks :tongue: and I'm excited and nervous at the same time but I feel the nerves will increase as the time gets closer. How about you?

Np :smile: I'm exactly the same! Time is flying by so fast
Reply 15
Im commuting too, but im genuinely worried ill miss the oppurtunity to make friends as freshers week/events are not the same when you're commuting. Those in accomodation get to know each other before freshers so have people to go with while im sat here not knowing anyone lmao
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by gsonro
Im commuting too, but im genuinely worried ill miss the oppurtunity to make friends as freshers week/events are not the same when you're commuting. Those in accomodation get to know each other before freshers so have people to go with while im sat here not knowing anyone lmao

Hey I feel exactly the same! That's why I'm trying to get some kind of group together so that we don't miss out on anything.
There's quite a few of us here commuting so don't worry! :smile:
Reply 17
Hi guys, I'm commuting too!! Commuting from Watford so only a 20 min train ride.

I have the same worries, I'm gonna make the most of freshers but really hope I don't feel left out of anything
Reply 18
Original post by idkjodz
Hi guys, I'm commuting too!! Commuting from Watford so only a 20 min train ride.

I have the same worries, I'm gonna make the most of freshers but really hope I don't feel left out of anything

Hiya! I understand completely. Hopefully things work out the way we want:smile:
Reply 19
Also guys, I forgot to put this in my original post but I saw on the KCLSU website that the students union have secured some tickets for Wicked! for £20 each (which is v good, tickets for wicked are usually 40 pounds upwards).

I'm gonna buy my ticket today, if anyone wants to tag along then feel free (: I'll put the link below

https://www.kclsu.org/ents/event/3446/

Quick Reply

Latest