The Student Room Group

I told her I don't like her but now I do

So basically a girl ask me out a month ago. I told her I don't feel anything for her when we met and about my mental condition. But now I think I like her. None of my 'friends' like her, in fact most of the guys don't like her. I don't care what people think, although sometimes I do. I don't know if I should ask her since it's all awkward between us, she tried to avoid me and vice versa. Plus I don't think I am ready right now and I want to move out of the house before starting anything, but at the same time I don't want to loose her because I think about her all the time.

Scroll to see replies

Why don't other people like her?
And be honest with her if you like her now tell her
Reply 2
You've not explained all that well, I'm kinda confused.
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Why don't other people like her?
And be honest with her if you like her now tell her

Well I only moved to her school about 2 years ago and before I moved she was mean to everyone and annoying. Atleast that's what people tell me
Reply 4
Original post by Nimrahk123
You've not explained all that well, I'm kinda confused.

Sorry mate. Basically I told her I don't like her but now I do. I don't want to loose her but things are happening so I can't have a relationship right now. And the people I know don't like her and will most likely give me **** if date her
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry mate. Basically I told her I don't like her but now I do. I don't want to loose her but things are happening so I can't have a relationship right now. And the people I know don't like her and will most likely give me **** if date her

I think maybe hint your interested in her, by like asking her out, but like be careful to not lead her on too much if you know you don't/can't have a relationship.
When it comes to your friends it's kinda your choice I guess maybe just don't tell them.
Reply 6
Original post by Nimrahk123
I think maybe hint your interested in her, by like asking her out, but like be careful to not lead her on too much if you know you don't/can't have a relationship.
When it comes to your friends it's kinda your choice I guess maybe just don't tell them.

It's very unlikely that if we go out and no one will know. We went out once and she wanted to know if I would go out with her or not. She takes things ahead very fast. I don't know what to do. But Thanks mate
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
You sound pretty mixed up, NGL. Tell her you regret saying what you did, were hasty to do so, and would like to take it slow :unsure:

I am indeed. I actually do regret it. I just don't want her to have a s**t life, just like mine. But thank you, that's a very good idea. You think I should wait a couple of months before making a move?
Why don't you have a cinema date 'as friends' first and then when you you're there explain to her you do like her and under current circumstances you're just not ready for a relationship?? If you like her who cares what other people think it's your business not theirs
Reply 9
Original post by Sophie7699
Why don't you have a cinema date 'as friends' first and then when you you're there explain to her you do like her and under current circumstances you're just not ready for a relationship?? If you like her who cares what other people think it's your business not theirs

Thank you. Well I actually took her to the cinema and later on when I got home and she asked to take things forward. That was when I implied that I can't have a relationship. You think it's still appropriate to take her to the cinema again? She probably hates me right now
Thank you. Well I actually took her to the cinema and later on when I got home and she asked to take things forward. That was when I implied that I can't have a relationship. You think it's still appropriate to take her to the cinema again? She probably hates me right now

Maybe the cinema wouldn't be a good idea, you could grab a coffee together and that way it's easier to speak about things instead of the darkness of the cinema???
Maybe the cinema wouldn't be a good idea, you could grab a coffee together and that way it's easier to speak about things instead of the darkness of the cinema???

thank you. It's a very good idea. You think I should wait a while since all this happened less than a month ago?
So basically a girl ask me out a month ago. I told her I don't feel anything for her when we met and about my mental condition. But now I think I like her. None of my 'friends' like her, in fact most of the guys don't like her. I don't care what people think, although sometimes I do. I don't know if I should ask her since it's all awkward between us, she tried to avoid me and vice versa. Plus I don't think I am ready right now and I want to move out of the house before starting anything, but at the same time I don't want to loose her because I think about her all the time.

Good date idea - cinema then dinner, that way if its awkward and you have nothing to talk about just talk about the film
**** what others think, take her out and make up your own mind man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LillyB14
Good date idea - cinema then dinner, that way if its awkward and you have nothing to talk about just talk about the film
**** what others think, take her out and make up your own mind man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. Thank you mate
Original post by Foo.mp3
No, just proceed at a pace you're comfortable with, within the frame of getting to know and working out what it is you want/feel you can manage given your psyche :smile:

Thank you foo mate
@Foo.mp3 on a posting rampage, I see. :kungfu:
thank you. It's a very good idea. You think I should wait a while since all this happened less than a month ago?

No!! It's better to act quickly because then she will still have feelings for you and you'll put an end to her being upset sooner
No!! It's better to act quickly because then she will still have feelings for you and you'll put an end to her being upset sooner

Okay thank you
If you are not ready to have a relationship, take things slow. Relationships require alot of commitment and if you really like her, then I would say go for it. Now I don't know what year you are in but friends come and go and so do girls tbh. Buf you don't know unless you don't try so firstly try to get to know her better, take her out of like friend date where you can ask a bunch of questions.

If you think about it, there must be a reason why people do not like her or her personality but you can judge her character and see for yourself whether what everyone says is true about her

Its all up to you mate
Original post by Kalikuku
If you are not ready to have a relationship, take things slow. Relationships require alot of commitment and if you really like her, then I would say go for it. Now I don't know what year you are in but friends come and go and so do girls tbh. Buf you don't know unless you don't try so firstly try to get to know her better, take her out of like friend date where you can ask a bunch of questions.

If you think about it, there must be a reason why people do not like her or her personality but you can judge her character and see for yourself whether what everyone says is true about her

Its all up to you mate

Thank you. Am still in school, last year. I think I do like her but the fact that I told her I don't like her before, worries me. You know I have hurt her but I don't want to hurt her again and don't even know if she's still interested. She did try to avoid me in school. I was gonna drop her a message but I don't you if I should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending