The Student Room Group

I got 3 marks off a A in Physics AS, is it worth a remark??

In Breadth of Physics I got 1 mark off an A and in Depth I got 2 marks off and A. Is it work getting both papers remarked? Even though this doesn't count towards my final grade, I'm just thinking for UCAS considering I want to study physics at uni.

Thanks
No its not. As long as your teachers predict you an A then forget about it, its a waste of money.
I got a B in AS Physics, I was 4 marks away from an A, and I still got predicted an A
Ended up getting an A* fortunately enough :biggrin:
But I'm pretty certain you will get predicted at least an A anyway
Reply 3
It really isn't this year because they have changed the rules regarding the awarding of marks when remarking a paper. The original examiner has to have made an obvious mistake in marking, which is rare, rather than it being a difference of opinion n whether or not marks should have been awarded.

If it was last year i'd say go for it, but this year don't bother paying for it, it'll come back the same or lower more than likely.

PS: Sorry i'm being brutally honest :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Might I ask how you got your individual exam results already? My results sheet just said the final grade and we were told that teachers would know the individual marks by september :/
I was 2 marks off an A in politics for AS too, It's my focus too but it's not too much concern since you can make up marks next year.
Reply 6
Original post by JN17
Might I ask how you got your individual exam results already? My results sheet just said the final grade and we were told that teachers would know the individual marks by september :/

I just emailed my physics teacher and he told me. It wasn't on my main results sheet either
I am 1 mark off a B in physics As. Getting it remarked as I am not continuing it next year :/ 3 marks is quite alot to miss tbh but, I would prob do it any ways. The new system does not affect physics,maths etc as they are not subjective. The new system will have more of an affect on humanities subjects.
Guys when's the last day for remarks becuase I was 1 mark of a B in AS Class Civ.
Original post by Lexidan
In Breadth of Physics I got 1 mark off an A and in Depth I got 2 marks off and A. Is it work getting both papers remarked? Even though this doesn't count towards my final grade, I'm just thinking for UCAS considering I want to study physics at uni.

Thanks

Don't go for a remark. If you do, there's a 50-50 chance your grade will drop a bit. A B is a B, don't try and get it changed
Original post by Lexidan

Thanks

Did you ever go for it? I was one off an A in the new OCR AS Physics and am considering remarking depth because of the more subjective/room for error in marking nature of the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest