The Student Room Group

night shifts are killing me

so I usually work day shifts but I've been put on nights for the past 3 weeks and still have 2 weeks to go. It's only me and 2 other colleagues, no managers and it's from 8pm to 8am Monday - Friday. I don't get paid any extra (I'm on £5.40 an hour) and there's so much work to be done between 3 of us we usually don't get out till 10am. It's literally killing me no matter how much sleep I get I'm still exhausted, I'm not eating properly and I've been sick all weekend but can't call in sick because then there's only 2 on the shift and one of them is my best friend and she'd kill me if I didn't turn up. I don't know what to do I've still got 2 weeks left and I feel like I'm dying I've also gotten super emotional and every little thing makes me cry. The amount of physical work we do every night leaves me aching like a ***** every day and I'm covered in cuts and bruises. I also have no life I don't know what to do/how to adjust!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silverfox44
so I usually work day shifts but I've been put on nights for the past 3 weeks and still have 2 weeks to go. It's only me and 2 other colleagues, no managers and it's from 8pm to 8am Monday - Friday. I don't get paid any extra (I'm on £5.40 an hour) and there's so much work to be done between 3 of us we usually don't get out till 10am. It's literally killing me no matter how much sleep I get I'm still exhausted, I'm not eating properly and I've been sick all weekend but can't call in sick because then there's only 2 on the shift and one of them is my best friend and she'd kill me if I didn't turn up. I don't know what to do I've still got 2 weeks left and I feel like I'm dying I've also gotten super emotional and every little thing makes me cry. The amount of physical work we do every night leaves me aching like a ***** every day and I'm covered in cuts and bruises. I also have no life I don't know what to do/how to adjust!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do night shifts, but I finish late (21:30) and will be in full time education. I do a lot of physical work too. I'm surprised that I'm still tired with 7-8 hours sleep the next day. Are you working full time?
I refuse to work past 6pm I did nights for two years, never again! It drove me insane with insomina etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending