The Student Room Group

Oxley residence

Hi,
I just got offered a room in oxley in Leeds. I would like to know your experiences at oxley e.g was it lively? How big/spacious were the rooms? Did you enjoy livong there?
And how did you cope with the distance issue?
Also who else will be at oxley this september?
Thanks!:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi,

I'm staying at Oxley this year. Have you received much information from the university? They haven't told me who or even how many people I'm sharing with. I've paid the deposit but they haven't told me much appart from my room number. There's a couple of Youtube videos of people's flats that I've found, not too sure what to make of it.
Reply 2
I'm at oxley too! I've been wondering the same as they havemt given us more info. I'm not even sure if my room is en suite..
Reply 3
All rooms in blocks A-M have an ensuite, according to the website. I've been reading a few reviews and I'm not feeling at all confident, they all say the distance is worse than you'd think.
Reply 4
Yeah the reviews are rubbish... i think i'm gonna try to ignore them and just see if i like it. The area seems pretty nice to be fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm staying at Oxley too! I visited it on the accommodation viewing day; it's not that bad I guess? I'd prefer the Tannery, personally, to be honest. The rooms seemed to be a bit dark and somewhat dingy (if that's the right word).
Reply 6
Oh no dont say that!😬
What flat are you staying in?
Original post by Panona
Oh no dont say that!😬
What flat are you staying in?

It honestly won't be that bad! Just with a few warm/home touches, like fairy lights or posters etc. will brighten it up, I'm sure. It's just the colour scheme of the residences that's very old timey and dark which makes everything else seem dark, that's all!

I'll be in Block J1.11, I think? What about you?
Reply 8
Haha thats a relief
It says fairy lights arent allowed.. bummer cuz i already bought some. Maybe battery powered ones as theres not so much of a hazard?
E2.12 i think:smile:
Original post by Panona
Haha thats a relief
It says fairy lights arent allowed.. bummer cuz i already bought some. Maybe battery powered ones as theres not so much of a hazard?
E2.12 i think:smile:

Yeah, I think battery powered ones are safer! And as long as you don't keep them near anything flammable it'll fine :smile:

Aww, that sounds like it's ages away from me.
Reply 10
I know! I'll probs see you around anyways though:smile:
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hopefully studying Cardiac Physiology if I pass my DBS! What about you?
Reply 12
That sounds so interesting!
Nursing (adult)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yours sounds interesting too! :biggrin: It's good to know that there are other healthcare students at Oxley
Reply 14
Reply 15
Yeah hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending