The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU E-Induction

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still waiting for their E-Induction/Enrollment email or still waiting for their personal log in details for the university computer network? (I think it's called a P number or something like that)I think this email is where you get to pick an arrival slot for moving into halls along side other things and may also include the log in number...Just starting to get a bit worried as there is only about a month to go before move-in dates and I haven't heard anything from them yet.I booked my room way back in March when the accommodation booking opened as I held an unconditional firm offer. I've paid the deposit and accepted the T&C's etc.Just wondering if anyone knows when we're supposed to be hearing back from them? (Obviously given that A-Level results have only recently been released and people are coming in through clearing, it must be a stressful time for students and unis alike right now)
I havent got mine either. I assume they will email us sometime in September
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ScottTheGreat
Just out of curiosity, is anyone still waiting for their E-Induction/Enrollment email or still waiting for their personal log in details for the university computer network? (I think it's called a P number or something like that)I think this email is where you get to pick an arrival slot for moving into halls along side other things and may also include the log in number...Just starting to get a bit worried as there is only about a month to go before move-in dates and I haven't heard anything from them yet.I booked my room way back in March when the accommodation booking opened as I held an unconditional firm offer. I've paid the deposit and accepted the T&C's etc.Just wondering if anyone knows when we're supposed to be hearing back from them? (Obviously given that A-Level results have only recently been released and people are coming in through clearing, it must be a stressful time for students and unis alike right now)

I havent got mine either scott... they said by the end of august
Thanks guys! At least I know I'm not the only one! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure they are sending them out at the end of this month. I remember reading that in the acceptance letter.
Wait what?! I don't ever remember getting that letter?! I know my place has been confirmed through UCAS track...

Actually I do remember getting a letter saying "As we outlined in our previous letter..." Or something like that, and I'm like... Ummmm what letter?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait what?! I don't ever remember getting that letter?! I know my place has been confirmed through UCAS track...

Actually I do remember getting a letter saying "As we outlined in our previous letter..." Or something like that, and I'm like... Ummmm what letter?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a letter on results day telling me that they accepted me into the university and some other stuff too. I can't remember all of the things it talks about but I know one of them is the e induction. It would have been a letter you got some time after results day.
Original post by SomeGuy13579
I got a letter on results day telling me that they accepted me into the university and some other stuff too. I can't remember all of the things it talks about but I know one of them is the e induction. It would have been a letter you got some time after results day.

I thought I would've got that letter months ago when I made DMU my firm choice as I got my results about 4 or 5 years ago now :wink: haha! Hence why I received an unconditional offer.

I dunno, I mean they did email me to book accommodation and have sent me various leaflets and things, and UCAS track confirms my place so it's not like I can't prove I have a place there!

But if you remember the letter saying it'll be at the end of this month, then I guess the only thing to do is wait until then! And then of course start to panic afterwards if it doesn't come haha! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought I would've got that letter months ago when I made DMU my firm choice as I got my results about 4 or 5 years ago now :wink: haha! Hence why I received an unconditional offer.

I dunno, I mean they did email me to book accommodation and have sent me various leaflets and things, and UCAS track confirms my place so it's not like I can't prove I have a place there!

But if you remember the letter saying it'll be at the end of this month, then I guess the only thing to do is wait until then! And then of course start to panic afterwards if it doesn't come haha! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Panicing seem to be what I'v been doing this whole year. Just thought you might want to know that I got mine not too long ago. I guess you should expect yours at some point soon or it is already there.
Yeah! I got my Induction email at like 2am this morning haha! So that's all sorted! At least I'm on their system so that's proof enough that I have a placement anyway!

But yeah thankfully I've managed to remain from panicking until the last minute haha, but I can relax a bit now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

First of all, congratulations on getting into DMU!

The date you receive the letters with your P-number etc, will depend on when you were accepted. For example, if you came through clearing, it may take a little longer for you to get the letter purely because we have a lot of students to process (as ScottTheGreat mentioned in his initial post).

In terms of booking a moving in slot for your accommodation, there are a lot of different slots over three days so don't panic! The reason the halls ask students to book moving in slots is to prevent too many students arriving at once and having to wait to get into the limited parking they have. But they will allow multiple students to have the same moving in time, so they won't run out of slots, don't worry!

With e-induction, that can be done at any time, there's no rush, so just wait till the letter comes through. During Freshers week you will pick up your student card with your P-number on which will also allow you to access the DMU computer network.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reply to this thread or call us on 0116 250 6070 where we can help you with any other worries you may have.

We look forward to seeing you all soon for Freshers week!
Yeah! I got my Induction email at like 2am this morning haha! So that's all sorted! At least I'm on their system so that's proof enough that I have a placement anyway!

But yeah thankfully I've managed to remain from panicking until the last minute haha, but I can relax a bit now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to hear. What are you studying by the way?

Quick Reply