The Student Room Group

Best school's to study medicine

So, I've just sat my n5s and I am now in 5th year studying for my highers. For some time now I have been set on studying medicine (I'm just completely fascinated by it lol). In just over a year's time I will be beginning the application process to universities (assuming my highers to go plan). As such, I'd like to know the best places to study medicine in the UK (Scotland is more convenient so somewhere local would be preferred).
If you have or are preparing to apply to medical schools or are currently studying at one I would very much appreciate if you let me know the schools you applied to, what the requirements were and if you don't mind, what grades/work experience did you have to offer. I'll list the subjects I've taken so far if it's of help.

N5:
Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
History
Modern studies

Higher (ongoing):
Maths
English
Biology
Chemistry
History

But ye just all you know please and thank you. U don't need to have applied to answer-any help is appreciated!
Reply 1
Whichever one you can get into, you can apply to 4 and Scotland has 5 med schools with free tuition :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Yammy
Whichever one you can get into, you can apply to 4 and Scotland has 5 med schools with free tuition :smile:

Ye I dont agree w having to pay for education so I'm lucky I live here. Edin and Glasgow would probs be the most convenient considering I stay in Edinburgh. Thanks very much!
School rep doesn't matter when it comes to medicine. The government will snap u the moment u graduate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Puppo
Ye I dont agree w having to pay for education so I'm lucky I live here. Edin and Glasgow would probs be the most convenient considering I stay in Edinburgh. Thanks very much!

Yeah since you live in Edin, St Andrews and Dundee won't be too far away from home either :smile:

But yeah, try aim for 5 As, do some work experience/volunteering, and then think about ukcat/personal statement as you get into 6th year.

Pm me if you want more details/have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending