Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this Portuguese guy at work like me or is he just being friendly?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

About 2 months ago, this Portuguese guy joined my work. He's just moved here from Lisbon and is very good looking but at the time I wasn't really attracted to him.

Anyway, over the last 2 months this guy has really grown on me - he has a really sweet way about him, like if he's eating something he'll fall over himself to share whatever it is with me, he's always trying to make conversation and when I run into him in the office or outside in the street he always looks so nervous. We have been flirting quite a bit and the eye contact between us has been really intense. The other day I was working alone in a booth in our office and he followed me in there and sat down and started talking to me. He always seems to want to carry on the conversation after it's ended as well. On Friday, he came up to me and was like 'we should catch up.. for lunch, next week', as well.

Thing is, I full on like him now - and I'm not sure if this is him trying to make new friends in his brand new city or whether he's also interested in me romantically? I've tried to read his body language which has been kind of useful but I don't want to read too much into it and jump to conclusions which might not be true. Any help deciphering would be great!

He most likely likes you in a romantic way, providing you yourself are attractive. After all, he is a male.
    He has everything to lose in that he may embarrass himself because he - being the male - has to make the advances according to social dynamics and he wouldn't be completely sure you like him - unless he reads this post.

You have nothing to lose. All you need to do is explicitly be receptive to his advances and the rest will follow

Without tooting my own horn too much, I do get told I'm attractive quite a lot but all of that is subjective...*

Men like vadge. Dont be expecting flowers and delicious Portuguese cuisne with his family

Well... I was only in it for the nandos chicken so maybe I should give up now.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.