The Student Room Group

How hard is ocr A2 law?

I really don't want to do law for A2 but I think I'll have to. So how did anyone who carried on with it find it in the second year? I really hated the first year and found it really boring and apparently A2 is even harder?! So I'm **** scared and anxious.
Why do you think you have to carry it forward if you don't like it and may not do well in it?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Why do you think you have to carry it forward if you don't like it and may not do well in it?

Because I was hoping to drop law and carry on with classic civilisation but I ended up getting a D in classic civilisation and I just scraped an A in law (I have no idea how). So I thought it made more sense to carry on with law instead of retaking classics but I really hate it.
If you're getting good grades in it it's a good idea to carry on with it so that you end up with good grades overall.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
If you're getting good grades in it it's a good idea to carry on with it so that you end up with good grades overall.

Yeah I think I'll probably carry on with it, I'll just need to work really hard next year. Thanks :smile:
Original post by maximoff
I really don't want to do law for A2 but I think I'll have to. So how did anyone who carried on with it find it in the second year? I really hated the first year and found it really boring and apparently A2 is even harder?! So I'm **** scared and anxious.

If you don't want to do it, then it will be exceptionally difficult for you to get a half decent grade in it. There is a lot of information to be taken in and without loads of independent work it is unlikely that you will succeed. And it will be difficult for you to motivate yourself to do it since you don't enjoy the subject. What grade did you get in your AS? I personally had to dedicate disproportionate amount of time just for law in comparison to the other subjects and still only scraped an A*.
Reply 6
Original post by BIGJohnson777
If you don't want to do it, then it will be exceptionally difficult for you to get a half decent grade in it. There is a lot of information to be taken in and without loads of independent work it is unlikely that you will succeed. And it will be difficult for you to motivate yourself to do it since you don't enjoy the subject. What grade did you get in your AS? I personally had to dedicate disproportionate amount of time just for law in comparison to the other subjects and still only scraped an A*.

I scraped an A in my exam. But even though I don't love the subject I would still be willing to put in a lot of time if I carried on with it. I want atleast a B in the end and I would do loads of independent work, do you think that's possible? How did you get an A*?! Could you also give me some revision tips please.
Original post by maximoff
I scraped an A in my exam. But even though I don't love the subject I would still be willing to put in a lot of time if I carried on with it. I want atleast a B in the end and I would do loads of independent work, do you think that's possible? How did you get an A*?! Could you also give me some revision tips please.

Just look over what you have done in the class, so it's fresh in your mind. Then, when it comes closer to the exams rewrite your class notes in a concise and structured manner so that it would be easier to revise from them.
Reply 8
Original post by BIGJohnson777
Just look over what you have done in the class, so it's fresh in your mind. Then, when it comes closer to the exams rewrite your class notes in a concise and structured manner so that it would be easier to revise from them.

Quick Reply

Latest