The Student Room Group

I need help!!!

So, in 2014 I left school with good GCSEs, mainly Bs but all above C. I then went onto study A-levels at the same school but obviously in the sixth form, however, problems with my mental health began to kick in and I was refused exam entry due to head of sixth form not believing that I could pass AS. So September 2015 I try year 12 again, this time with different subjects and by Christmas time I was told that if my attendance and attitude didn't improve I would be forced to leave the sixth form. Again, all of my mental health problems came back and in February this year I was kicked out and so since then I found a full-time job and have been working ever since. So what I want help with is my options, I really really really do want to go to University, September 2017 if possible, I can't do an access to higher education course due to my age (I am only 18 access to HE courses require you to be 19) so would there be any other type of one year course that could get me to uni next year? I've searched around on my local college's websites but so far no luck. Thanks in advance for you help :smile:
Original post by georgiagold
So, in 2014 I left school with good GCSEs, mainly Bs but all above C. I then went onto study A-levels at the same school but obviously in the sixth form, however, problems with my mental health began to kick in and I was refused exam entry due to head of sixth form not believing that I could pass AS. So September 2015 I try year 12 again, this time with different subjects and by Christmas time I was told that if my attendance and attitude didn't improve I would be forced to leave the sixth form. Again, all of my mental health problems came back and in February this year I was kicked out and so since then I found a full-time job and have been working ever since. So what I want help with is my options, I really really really do want to go to University, September 2017 if possible, I can't do an access to higher education course due to my age (I am only 18 access to HE courses require you to be 19) so would there be any other type of one year course that could get me to uni next year? I've searched around on my local college's websites but so far no luck. Thanks in advance for you help :smile:

Give colleges a call directly and ask if they allow btecs or a levels to be fast tracked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending