The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Physics at KCL

Hello, I have been accepted to do Physics with Theoretical Physics this year. However, looking around the internet I have seen nothing but bad vibes about the uni and the course. I am not sure if this is just because the uni is bad or if the people who are posting have just had bad experiences.

I was wondering if anyone has some good stories to share about KCL and their physics course in general or if Physics at KCL is just not up to par.

Thanks
What are these supposed bad vibes about? If you're happy with the course content and structure and have visited you will be fine. See if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
What are these supposed bad vibes about? If you're happy with the course content and structure and have visited you will be fine. See if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students.

Bad vibes are normally about how there is not much support for students and the physics department (and the maths department) have a bad reputation especially compared to the 3 universities around king's which is making me regret my decision putting king's as my firm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by forcedtomake
Bad vibes are normally about how there is not much support for students and the physics department (and the maths department) have a bad reputation especially compared to the 3 universities around king's which is making me regret my decision putting king's as my firm.

I struggle to believe that the departments have bad reputations in general. Students will always complain about support no matter where you go so I wouldn't worry too much about what you're hearing.

Quick Reply

Latest