The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Practical question about equipment in Halls of Southampton

Hello. My daughter is going to study Meng at the Highfield campus of Southampton. I have a simple question (I did get the answer in the documentation).
Is there some ironing facilities in the Halls ? or do we have to bring our own iron ?

Thanks a lot
Beatrice
(French mum)
Original post by MissBeya
Hello. My daughter is going to study Meng at the Highfield campus of Southampton. I have a simple question (I did get the answer in the documentation).
Is there some ironing facilities in the Halls ? or do we have to bring our own iron ?

Thanks a lot
Beatrice
(French mum)

Hi Beatrice, all students have access to a launderette, but ironing facilities are not included. Your daughter is welcome to bring her own, or alternatively there are several places in Southampton where she can buy everything she needs.

We hope this helps.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Do the self catered halls have pots pans cutlery and dishes or do we have to get our own?
Original post by hedgemonkey
Do the self catered halls have pots pans cutlery and dishes or do we have to get our own?

Hi there, for things like this you have to bring your own. However many students opt to share certain items (toaster, kettle, etc.) rather than each having their own individual ones cluttering up the kitchen. We recommend bringing basic necessities and then talking it over with your new flatmates to establish how you want to organise things.
Reply 4
Hey guys, I have got an accommodation offer for Glen Eyre Chancellors Court, Non-ensuite room. I however have a preference of an ensuite room. I called the accommodation team and they said a room swap might be possible if anyone would want a non-ensuite room.
If anyone would be interested in a swap, and has a ENSUITE ROOM, please do contact me. :smile:
I'm in the old terrace, is there any information on what is included in the room or any kind of kit list for things that aren't provided by the university? Thanks
Reply 6
Hey,
Could you provide some more information of the ensuite rooms?
Especially in Glen Eyre, Chancellors Court.
Where are the bathrooms and shower areas placed exactly?
Do the cubicles for the toilet also have a basin with them?
How far from the rooms are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending