The Student Room Group

News coverage and The Press at results day - what could I say?

Hi all,

There is a good chance that there will be a news/journalist team at our school, and there is an even greater chance of me being asked to feature with my results. I'm not camera or media shy, as I have done things like this before, but I don't want to be caught out and get lost for words, especially after all of the excitement of results day.

What things could I say that don't make me sound too boastful or arrogant, but are fairly original but aren't cheesy or overused either?

Thanks
Original post by crminshaw
Hi all,

There is a good chance that there will be a news/journalist team at our school, and there is an even greater chance of me being asked to feature with my results. I'm not camera or media shy, as I have done things like this before, but I don't want to be caught out and get lost for words, especially after all of the excitement of results day.

What things could I say that don't make me sound too boastful or arrogant, but are fairly original but aren't cheesy or overused either?

Thanks

Just say that you worked really hard and dedicated yourself by doing 4 hours of revision everyday for example
I worked hard for these results, very proud of myself, can't wait for what the future brings...

Just smile and it'll be over soon
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice! Keep it coming!!
Reply 4
*bump*

What I've come up with so far - will try and memorise and recite it if I need to.

"Proves that hard work and commitment can pay off, and provides a positive boost of confidence going on to do some challenging A-Levels."

"[A-Levels] unlock a whole new level of exposition and future opportunities, and they leave the door wipe open for a range of career pathways."

"I am jubilant with my results. It's great to be able to give back to the school and it's staff who put in so much time and effort - they really went the extra mile."

If the results I receive didn't go to my expectations....

"These aren't the results I was hoping for, but I am still fairly satisfied, as I know I can ameliorate and amend my grades at A-level. "

Any other suggestions or anything?
I think the 4th one you came up with is the best because it sounds the least scripted

Quick Reply

Latest