The Student Room Group

Trump more psychopathic than Hitler, Oxford study finds

US presidential hopeful Donald Trump has more psychopathic traits than Adolf Hitler, a researcher at Oxford University has found.

Psychologist Dr. Kevin Dutton has ranked the psychopathic traits of the Republican candidate and various historical figures using a standard psychometric tool the Psychopathic Personality Inventory Revised (PPI-R).

Saddam Hussein topped the list, scoring 189, while Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton received a score of 152, putting her in the top 20 percent.

Margaret Thatcher scored 136 points, and Elizabeth I was put at 130.

Dutton says the test scores people on eight traits that contribute to a psychopathic character. They are fearlessness, cold-heartedness, egocentricity, ruthlessness, self-confidence, charisma, dishonesty and deficits in empathy and conscience.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/uk/356820-trump-psychopathic-hitler-oxford/
Well Hitler was actually known during his time for some charisma, whereas Trump.....well.

Buffoon comes to mind.
I'm surprised at how low Clinton is on that list...
Reply 3
Wow Trump = Hitler confirmed

How very original from the left, I've not heard that one before.
So what?
Reply 5
Ok well putting Clinton above Bloody Mary is just stupid.
I knew it :colone:now vote for me here children http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4217468 :mwuaha:

Spoiler

Hitler pretty much united Germany under one of the most socio-economic successful recoveries in history, its just he went berserk in taking back territory and discriminated against the Jews

Trump would probably get nothing accomplished whatsoever
Reply 8
Original post by alevelstresss
Hitler pretty much united Germany under one of the most socio-economic successful recoveries in history, its just he went berserk in taking back territory and discriminated against the Jews

Trump would probably get nothing accomplished whatsoever

He would get the whole world turned into a nuclear wasteland though, same with Clinton.

It is not looking too good is it.
So?

Psychopathy is characterised by a lack of empathy and remorse, Hitler had huge levels of empathy for his own people which is precisely what motivated his hatred of the outgroup. Empathy in of itself is not a good thing. There are tonnes of people who are empathetic but are totally destructive and incapable of channeling their emotions into meaningful action. My stupid ****ing auntie who is a massive empath has pissed away six figures in less than two years on stupid hard-luck stories. Her late husband would have divorced her had he known what a mess she is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inexorably
Ok well putting Clinton above Bloody Mary is just stupid.

It makes perfect sense. Bloody Mary was motivated by ideology and ingroup loyalty, things which are totally alien to Hillary.
Well, Hitler had charisma and wasn't deliberately trying to provoke.
I'm surprised an Oxford academic would do something as unscientific and pointless as this...
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm not.

Sorry, have I missed something?

Edit: Oh I see what you mean haha. Why do you say that?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending