The Student Room Group

Is it worth re-applying to a uni if I've been rejected?

Hi there.

Just as the title says. I've emailed a certain university a couple of times. Each time they said no because I don't meet the grade requirements, but they have dropped their entry grades to BBC now (Was ABB before, I've got ABC). The emails I sent were before clearing started.

Just a bit of background to understand the situation. I had already studied at this university many years ago. At the time I got accepted straight away. But I could not adapt to having to study in my own time. I failed the first year, retook it, then left halfway because I couldn't get into studying. Now many years into the future, after having done nvq courses with no results, and having worked in a low paid factory job, I realise the importance of having a degree and getting a good job.

One thing I haven't done is called them directly, mainly because of fear :smile:
Is it worth it? Reason I want to apply to this particular university is because it's very close to home and it'll make it much easier for me to study there. And it has a good reputation for placement schemes. I can name the university if needed but I don't know if it's appropriate.

Sorry for the long read. Thank you.
Reply 1
Hi, I was really scared to phone Unis too, 'cause yeah... Talking to people on the phone is a lil' awkward, but all I really thought about was "I will never see this person ever again anyway, and it's for my own good, not theirs... Might as well" and you really won't know unless you try. It's kinda what I suggest you keep in mind. When you call them they could give you an offer there and then and it is worth it. C: Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
You don't exatly have a great track record with them having resat a year and then left but if you really want to go there then you just phone and ask. At the end of the day what have you got to lose given they have already said no twice? If you phone and ask then you know where you stand and if they say no again leave it and move on somewhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending