Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this dream mean anything?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

I had feelings for a friend/short-term thing of mine for a few months, but I'm finally getting over them.
    He had a best friend who was absolutely gorgeous, and also seemed a very nice guy. I was incredibly attracted to him, even though I had feelings for my friend who I was briefly seeing at the time.
    My friend changed his mind a lot about whether he liked me or not and ultimately only wanted to be friends; whereas I'd wanted a relationhip I had a hard time trying to forget the feelings but i'm getting there.
    The other guy had a girlfriend, but had he not, I would have been really interested, although the fact that he was best friends with my friend would have made things strange.

He left in May and I haven't seen or heard anything from him since, and haven't thought about him really either. I hadn't developed feelings as we didn't really know each other well at all. I've stopped talking to my friend for the time being in order to try and fully move on ,so I haven't heard anything about this guy from him either.

Last night, I had a dream about me and this guy (his friend) having sex. I woke up and thought about him, how attracted I'd been to him, even moreso than to my friend, even though he was the one i'd had feelings for!

As i'd said, he'd had a girlfriend anyway, so it couldn't have worked. Anyone else ever had this kind of experience before? I find myself thinking about him now, which is annoying!

It's just your subconscious bringing up feelings, that's all. I'm sure it happens to a lot of people.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    It's just your subconscious bringing up feelings, that's all. I'm sure it happens to a lot of people.
    Yeah, probably I think I'm actually maybe realising that in some ways I was more attracted to his friend than I was to him! And regretting wasting several months on my friend who was very indecisive with me and didn't know what he wanted.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.