Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Countersignature not accepted??

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I sent off my birth certificate with the identity forms last week and received my birth certificate back which everything looked okay.

But I check my student finance account and it has letters dated from 18th August which i am yet to receive saying the countersignature is unacceptable due to occupation and no work address put down which is ridiculous.

The countersignature is a director of a pub and a personal license holder and lives in the same place he works. According to the form, a director of a company or a personal license holder is acceptable and he put the work address down as that is where he lives.

I rung student finance they gave me no help what so ever just said to fill out the forms again which I don't see how it will make a difference as it will be identical but there you go, this is delaying my application for no reason what so ever still awaiting new forms which were apparently sent on 18th, now the 23rd.

Any help or info why all this is happening? because it all should have been fine, obviously no checks have been made as student finance would have known the occupation and address are actually acceptable.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.