The Student Room Group

Am I definitely accepted?

So I didnt get the grades I wanted and ended up on a changed course at my insurance uni that i didnt particularly want to do, so on friday I phoned up a uni in clearing, they gave me an offer and said I had 3 days to accept it.
Well what with it being the weekend I couldnt get in touch with my insurance uni until monday to ask them to release me from the course, so I phoned up the clearing uni and told them this, they then gave me an extension on my offer and said that I had until 12pm on monday to accept it. Monday rolls around and luckily my insurance uni releases me from the course and within half an hour my UCAS is in clearing, so I added the other uni as my clearing choice at 10:30 am on monday.
But my UCAS still says they are considering my application and im not sure if i should be worried or not? i added them way before 12 and their website let me use the ID number they gave me to apply for accommodation so i think everythings fine but is it normal for my application to still say its being considered? should i phone them to double check or wait a couple more days?
Original post by evilmusketeer
So I didnt get the grades I wanted and ended up on a changed course at my insurance uni that i didnt particularly want to do, so on friday I phoned up a uni in clearing, they gave me an offer and said I had 3 days to accept it.
Well what with it being the weekend I couldnt get in touch with my insurance uni until monday to ask them to release me from the course, so I phoned up the clearing uni and told them this, they then gave me an extension on my offer and said that I had until 12pm on monday to accept it. Monday rolls around and luckily my insurance uni releases me from the course and within half an hour my UCAS is in clearing, so I added the other uni as my clearing choice at 10:30 am on monday.
But my UCAS still says they are considering my application and im not sure if i should be worried or not? i added them way before 12 and their website let me use the ID number they gave me to apply for accommodation so i think everythings fine but is it normal for my application to still say its being considered? should i phone them to double check or wait a couple more days?

Yes becayse its administrative and it takes time to process. What you really need is confirmation from the uni direct that they have accepted you. Just ring them and state the position offer and acceptance. Then get them to confirm. If its over the phone get their name or ask them to send an e-mail.
Original post by evilmusketeer

When you think of how many people are changing their UCAS applications right now, it's going to be pretty difficult for everything to happen spontaneously. It's going to be fine, but it won't do any harm to call them up and set your mind at rest.
phew, i guess i hadnt considered how chaotic it must be for the unis right now, thats put my mind at ease a fair bit, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending