The Student Room Group

Advice: Best way to revise throughout the year?

Hey i'm starting A levels in September and i'm definitely getting the idea that to do well in chosen subjects you have to go over work and revise throughout the year even when you havn't got an exam coming for a while, but i'm not sure how to go about this, because i've always been the type to cram last minute and then forget all the info as soon as the exam is over lol and i know this isn't going to work for me for A levels, so if you have any advice or experience on how to go about revising throughout the year i'd love to know!
Original post by quiiddle
Hey i'm starting A levels in September and i'm definitely getting the idea that to do well in chosen subjects you have to go over work and revise throughout the year even when you havn't got an exam coming for a while, but i'm not sure how to go about this, because i've always been the type to cram last minute and then forget all the info as soon as the exam is over lol and i know this isn't going to work for me for A levels, so if you have any advice or experience on how to go about revising throughout the year i'd love to know!

each weekend just go over and make sure you understand everything you've done in class the previous week. The biggest problem is people moving on through the year without actually understanding the stuff they've just learnt and then they have to learn it again before exams.
Reply 2
There are only obvious answers. Don't cram it the last minute. Focus on what you struggle on. Keep doing what you enjoy. Don't do too much. Plan your revision for each day/month.
Study 3 hours each day, take weekends off.

When exam is 2 months away, do 4 hours of revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make sure you leave the class knowing the basic procept of the lesson. Use the lessons wisely, dont have the attitude like "oh i will learn it later"" learnt it in the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest