Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stressed out about university and anxiety.

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So in about 3 weeks I start university. I am terrified. About money, the work, finding a part time job, fitting in and finding friends. I'll be living at home and I have a friend nearby but i'm still so scared and terrified. I have a sick relative at the moment so I think university on top of all that is just makes my anxiety a whole lot worse. I could honestly use as much advice and as many little tips as possible and hopefully i'll feel a little better. Thanks guys!

First off is there a reason you're living at home? Can you move out? It helps to be involved with student life as much a possible through your coursemates, flatmates and clubs and societies. Make yourself lists of things to do or timetables and over time you'll work out how to manage everything you have going on. It comes with practise but the first thing to do is get independent and give it a go. Everyone is learning!

Just seen your post and had to reply because it reminded me of me when I started uni and I moved from belfast to liverpool for it! Was a last minute decision and 3 years on I can honestly say was the best decision ever! Remember if you're a first year, everyone's in the same boat and everrrrryone has these same thought & worries etc you are all in it together so you're not alone on that one. Even if you are staying at home, just make sure you get out and about to the freshers events etc / go for drinks with your course pals and you'll just get into the way of it! Have loads of fun in the first year because uni ends too fast and it will definitely be the best few!! I didn't know 1 person when I went to uni but you soon make friends fast so don't worry and enjoy it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.