Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Will I receive the student finance on time?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hi,I applied for my student finance already over a month ago and quickly after that got my Acknowledgement of Application Form letter through the post. This was on 13th of July.After that I received another letter saying that I didn't provide full residency details during the three years prior to the start of my course. Couple of days from that I sent another letter providing the missing details but now I haven't gotten any reply from the student finance services and I'm supposed to start the course on 26th of September.I've also logged in to my student finance account to see any updates but nothing so far.Who should I contact or how do I know that my application is being processed? Can I start the course If I haven't received the student finance? To be able to finish my enrollment for the uni I need to pay the fee or tell them who is paying them.Many thanksTanja

Hi there.

It sounds as though you are applying as an EU student and the online account is not equipped for EU students, only those from the UK. This means that it will not show updates as they occur.

It sounds as though the letter may have not been received as it should only take around a week to process, so I'd maybe recommend calling the EU team on 0141 243 3570 to check if it's with them.

It's up to the course provider to decide if you can begin without having funding confirmed so it would be best to speak to your Uni regarding that.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 30, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.