Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can i still do medicine?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016

So I got A* in general studies, A* in politics, A in biology(2 ums from an a star) but unfortunately B in chemistry. Can i still apply to medicine with a b in chemistry or should i resit? However, even if i do resit i might not get the grades and if i do then i will only be able to select few unis where competition is hard. I am currently thinking of fast track medicine after pharmacy but the thought of doing something i dont like for 3 years i making me rethink this. So should i take a gap year and apply or stick with fast track medicine?
Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.