The Student Room Group

Which Unis should I apply to?

. .
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lazy & Elite
Hi,
I am going into my second year of college, I take IT (Game development) btec extended diploma which I regret taking over A levels.
The first year I got D*D*D (7 distinctions, 2 passes where i was lazy) with 10 A - B GCSES.
I have 6 unis in mind (I know its top 5),
Loughborough - D*DD
Newcastle - D*DD
City london - D*DD
Lancaster - DDD
UEA - DDM
Essex - DDM
Do you think it is too ambitious of me to go for unis with quite high requirements, considering i have a game development diploma, and should i enquire each 1 first to ask if they will allow it?
Thanks for reading!

Hi,

Good to hear you're considering Newcastle :smile: Are you thinking of applying for our Computer Science (Games Engineering) BSc or something else? Our School of Computing Science welcome applications from students doing BTEC. The important thing is that you show that you're motivated and have the potential to do well at Uni.

Hope that helps! If you want some advice straight from the horse's mouth you can e-mail [email protected] with any questions :smile:

Persephone
. .
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lazy & Elite
I'll be applying for just Computer science to widen my prospects, and maybe take game related modules if available.
Thanks for your answer, I'm definately motivated as I self-teach myself and learning computing languages at the moment, which I'll put across in my application.

Yeah, there are usually optional modules relating to aspects of game design/programming :smile:

That sounds perfect, if you get that across in your Personal Statement I think you'll be seen as a strong candidate :smile: We don't have formal interviews for Computer Science courses but there are usually a few Post-Application Visit Days where you can talk to the lecturers, and that gives you another chance to show what you're all about.

Good luck with everything!

Persephone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending