Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Need urgent help - EU student financing

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    HiI apologize for the long post beforehand.

    I applied for a student finance tuition fee loan and although I don't have the definitive answer if I will get it or not yet(since it is still getting processed), they told me that I would possibly only get a tuition fee loan for 1 year.

    The reason for this is I did 2 years of university here in my country, and although I didn't finish the course (I am not graduated) and the tuition fees here aren't even a quarter of what they are in England, they said they will most likely "deduct" 2 years from my tuition fee loan.

    Since the only way I can go study in the UK is if I get financial support that covers at least a good part of the tuition fees, I am looking everywhere for information on how I can get some kind of financial aid or loan.Does anybody know of any sites or agencies that could be useful or that would help me out?
    What are my options?

    I live in a EU country, 22 years old and recently got accepted in a 3 year course at Northumbria University. Thank you in advance.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.