Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Would you consider life at Kent expensive and how to save some money here?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

yes Kent can be quite expensive if you are not careful! :P (graduate speaking here) but there are some tricks to save cash if you are careful!
    1. Most important thing if you do not live on campus or if you move around a lot BUY A UNIRIDER!!! that was like my life saver for every year it's £170 i think for a ticket for a year. if you live on campus you will need to travel to town to do food shopping.
    2. which brings me to number to TESCO Local in town is a RIP OFF!!! oh my god so little choice and **** pricing only until i got into second year and ventured further did i realize there was Asda, Lidl,Iceland although far can save you cash!! especially if you have a unirider. i think take the number 6 or 8 buses to sturry road.
    3. nights out, best clubs rating
    a) Chemistry although ,mainly CCU it is great for choice of music and price and themed events.its best on the weekends
    b)Cuban started becoming **** except on thursdays where it's free/cheap entry and £1.50 shots! (one of the best nights!!) but other times it is expensive.
    c)Loft meh!
    d) Venue fun in first year....then you will eventually just stop going...

4.housing can be expensive if you mainly want en suite housing from 2nd year,or little choice so start looking and reserve a room before the May onward rush!

5.please do not lose your passes or ID it will be a pain to replace them more than £50 which can be a pain in the middle of bills!

6.Shopping is better now with primark , but limited choice and seasons of big discounts though! but i sometimes find it expensive shopping in town and opt to shop online instead..
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.