The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Are my grades good enough to get into Warwick??

(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, I am very certain you will get an offer. I came from a poor educational background, which I have mentioned in a supplement personal statement. The admissions team is flexible and friendly, and most importantly understood my situation.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by glebp
Yes, I am very certain you will get an offer. I came from a poor educational background, which I have mentioned in a supplement personal statement. The admissions team is flexible and friendly, and most importantly understood my situation.

Hi, thats great news! What do you mean by a supplement personal statement? Is this the additional P.S you give along side your main one. Thanks in advance!
Adding onto what glebp said, it may give you an advantage if you come from a poor educational background as it makes you seem a lot more determined and hardworking. :h: Good luck for your A-levels. :smile:
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hi, thats great news! What do you mean by a supplement personal statement? Is this the additional P.S you give along side your main one. Thanks in advance!

Yes that is it! But it seems that you would be a competitive applicant without the suppliment PS

Its called an AWARDS form, if you want to find out more..
Defo
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hi, I am considering doing an Accounting and Finance course/ or Economics at Warwick.

I am doing Math, Chemistry and 3D Product Design and got AAA in my AS and predicted an AAA/A*AA in my A2. I couldn't do 4 AS as I go to a low performing school and they mainly do BTEC's instead of A-levels. I am also from a disadvantaged area so not too sure if I'd get flagged for a contextual offer. I do have the opportunity to teach myself Further Math AS but curious to know what you guys would say. I haven't been able to choose Economics/Accounting/anything business related as my school doesn't offer these subjects; they offer business but its a BTEC so I didn't do it.

As for GCSE's I received 2A*, 6As, 5Bs - not great but bear in mind of how poorly performing my school is - I also had received the best in my year too.... shocking I know.

I have relevant work experience in a Chartered Accountants firm and want to study A&F/Econ so would I be able to get into Warwick, even with an excellent P.S and reference?

gcse's are good enough, and A-level grades are, only issue is your choice of 3d product design

Just make sure you explain your situation properly, you should have a good shot with your work experience and a very good reference/ps

try and get them to explain your situation in the reference

btw apply to a&f, less risk and higher chance of offer, could always potentially transfer to econ early 2nd year if you really wanted to and got good 1st yr grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending