Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

foundation degree urgent help

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Basically the background story is this:
    I passed all of my GCSES with a minimum of C grades including three A*'s. I got a D in maths but I took functional skills level 2 which is the equivalent of a GCSE and passed. I did my AS levels and got my certificates in 2014. I have also got level 2 diplomas from college. I was doing an extended diploma at level 3, but I moved house and it was too far to get to my course so I gave it up and went into full time work. Meaning I didn't get my qualification or UCAS points.
    Now I am 19 and I want to go to university in 2017 (So I will be 20). Due to the fact that the UCAS tariffs have changed, my AS level points might not have been enough for a degree, so I opted to go for a foundation degree.
    I explained my situation to the university I really wanted to go to and they basically said "sorry we cant let you onto this degree as you did your AS levels in 2014 and there is a three year gap that you must wait now. Try again in 2018".
    Now I am so confused, is it like this for all foundation degrees at all universities? Or is it just this one universities policy? I really don't want to wait two years.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.