The Student Room Group

Trinity College Tutor

Hi everyone,

I am a math offer holder at Trinity College Cambridge, I met my conditions for the STEP last Thursday. After meeting the conditions of my offer, Trinity emailed&mailed me that it'll assign me a tutor 'shortly', who will be writing me 'shortly'. However, since then, I have received no message/email/mail from my tutor.

Are there any other Trinity Offer Holders who have received a message from the tutor?Or am I not the only one waiting?
Reply 1
Original post by lamint
Hi everyone,

I am a math offer holder at Trinity College Cambridge, I met my conditions for the STEP last Thursday. After meeting the conditions of my offer, Trinity emailed&mailed me that it'll assign me a tutor 'shortly', who will be writing me 'shortly'. However, since then, I have received no message/email/mail from my tutor.

Are there any other Trinity Offer Holders who have received a message from the tutor?Or am I not the only one waiting?

Ask the guys in here. But I'd be willing to bet you just need a little patience :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4257222
University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lamint
Hi everyone,

Hi! I'm a current Trinity student. Congrats on meeting your STEP offer!

I wouldn't worry at all regarding the info from college. :smile: I think the year I was a fresher, I got a large envelope posted from college maybe start of September with various information letters in it. Nothing overly important though, things like "welcome to college" letters, including one signed by my tutor, and a booklet about my course. I don't remember exactly when as it was a couple of years ago, and they may have changed exactly when/what they send since then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lamint
Hi everyone,

I suspect it's just a bit of gap between their definition of 'shortly' and your expectation of 'shortly'.
It was only last week you had the result, and they've had other things they had to deal with after the result. Admission office of colleges only have a very few staff to deal with everything.

Don't worry, it will come. :wink:
Original post by lamint
Hi everyone,

Trinity maths offer holder here - received a workbook from the college but not much else. Don't panic - we've still got 6ish weeks.
Reply 5
Alright, thanks everyone! :smile:
Reply 6
Also, has anyone received information regarding accommodation? I haven't received anything since I sent my preferences in months ago.
Original post by lamint
Also, has anyone received information regarding accommodation? I haven't received anything since I sent my preferences in months ago.

Nope. Have seen threads where people have said we'd get it in early September.
Reply 8
Alright, thank you again! Incidentally, how much math (if any) do you intend to do before Cambridge?
Original post by lamint
Alright, thank you again! Incidentally, how much math (if any) do you intend to do before Cambridge?

I'll go through the workbook, retry some old STEP questions and maybe have a go at a few BMO 1 past questions.
I'll read a few maths-y books too.
Original post by lamint

Majority of colleges don't start doing that kind of thing until nearly the end of August or beginning of September.
Don't worry, really.
They never forget about you :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by vincrows
Majority of colleges don't start doing that kind of thing until nearly the end of August or beginning of September.
Don't worry, really.
They never forget about you :wink:

hahaha I'd better stop worrying then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending