The Student Room Group

What should I tell her?

So A-level results day have just finished I thankfully achieved the grades I wanted which was ABBB, but my friend however didn't. She was predicted AABB but unfortunately she only achieved DDDE!
I literally don't know what happened to her and feel really sad. But the reason i'm here is to ask for your advice because she keeps asking me whether there is any point even bothering with her UCAS (personal statement) as she was aiming for a Russell group university but obviously didn't get the grades, and I don't know what to tell her...
Reply 1
Original post by ActuallyIDo
So A-level results day have just finished I thankfully achieved the grades I wanted which was ABBB, but my friend however didn't. She was predicted AABB but unfortunately she only achieved DDDE!
I literally don't know what happened to her and feel really sad. But the reason i'm here is to ask for your advice because she keeps asking me whether there is any point even bothering with her UCAS (personal statement) as she was aiming for a Russell group university but obviously didn't get the grades, and I don't know what to tell her...

It's pretty bad but it's not the end of the world, at least it's not UUUU :tongue:

Are her subjects linear, or are they modular? She really needs to find out her predicted grades before deciding anything. She needs to drop the E and carry on with the 3 Ds. My sister was in the same position 5 years back she managed to get AAB, but was only predicted CCC so she had to go through clearing. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Tell her to talk to someone more knowledgeable, like a teacher or careers adviser or something at your school/college. She should have spoken to them already really, because if she was aiming that high she should have been considering getting things remarked.

She can still apply to RGs and have a really good statement and put in for a bunch of retakes and still have a shot at getting an offer at one, but it'll be a stretch and be highly dependent on her GCSE grades and her predicted grades.
Original post by BR1999
Are her subjects linear, or are they modular? She really needs to find out her predicted grades before deciding anything. She needs to drop the E and carry on with the 3 Ds. My sister was in the same position 5 years back she managed to get AAB, but was only predicted CCC so she had to go through clearing. :smile:

Her subjects are linear, them being

D - Chemistry
D - Biology
D - History
E - Physics

So yeah I guess she'll have to work her ass off and go through clearing I guess...
Thanks anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest