The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships

I am a student that would realistically be looking towards going to Oxbridge, with a likely projection of two A* and an A at A level. However, I have recently been told about apprenticeships at accountancy firms, which allows you to start work at 18. After looking into this I saw that the A level requirements had been 'lowered', which causes me concern. I want to get the best job by working hard, and I know my A level results can help me to this. I want to ask if there is another type of apprenticeship that is a bit more exclusive for people with higher grades, which pays better and allows more opportunity for promotions, as university degrees aren't really interesting me. It doesn't have to be accountancy, but I would like it to be in the Banking, law, accountancy etc. Type of areas. Thanks
Reply 1
Getting into some of the top accountancy firms apprenticeships require much more than just grades. They test your ability to interact with people and how you can showcase a wide range of skills in a pressurised manner. Good grades get you past the first stage. You will be no different than a ABB student than to an A*AA student after the first stage has finished. The accounting firms look at much more than just grades. They look for potential to succeed both professionally and personally. However if you get them grades, you'd have a good chance to get quite far.

Quick Reply

Latest