The Student Room Group

Do you hide your scars?

I have one scar on the top of my right arm, I used to hide it wearing cardigans or lace cardigans etc.

Recently, I don't give a **** anymore and stopped wearing cardigans etc. I honestly think I'm being over dramatic, as its not that bad. It's only one place of my arms. I do have two scars in other places, ones not visible and the other is on my right boob so that's hidden. Ah well, nothing I can do but accept it I guess.. Anyone else in the same position?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From the thread title I thought you had been cutting yourself! Thank god for that. Anyways, you'll have to learn to accept it by wearing more "brave" clothes. After a while you'll complete forget about it. :h:
yup
Nope, they're blokey :u: The ones I'm not too happy with are from when I tried "fascial stretching" quite a while ago for 6 months and I now have some minor stretch marks on my biceps and my lat :lol:
Reply 4
Original post by Harrykel
From the thread title I thought you had been cutting yourself! Thank god for that. Anyways, you'll have to learn to accept it by wearing more "brave" clothes. After a while you'll complete forget about it. :h:

Oh oops! Sorry 🙈 .. They're burn scars from when I was little, they have slowly faded over the years. I wear dresses, skirts and shorts etc everything. But, I always used to cover my arms in either a cardigan or lace cardigan.. Now I'm just sick of it and don't care anymore lol.
I have a very scarred right lower leg plus some mild scarring on my left leg and wrists, all from a skin condition. I used to be very, very insecure about it, and I also had UV Light Phototherapy to treat it, which meant I had to be extremely careful in the sun and mostly cover up anyway as well. Now I don't tend to mind them so much. I hate the fact that they're there, and I don't have a cool story to tell about them either, but I just let them exist nowadays. My skin is pretty pale anyway and my scars are white, so they're not particularly conspicuous most of the time anyway.
I do have quite a lot of (self) scars up one arm. Used to hide them but I like wearing t-shirts so I gave up. I also have a burn scar on my other arm that I got while baking. I don't really see why I need to cover them all up anyway, they aren't that pretty but I've accepted they're there
Yup, 😖😑
quite difficult to hide acne scars since they are on my face
I just dont care anymore
no makeup
those other earthlings can deal with it
No I wear them proudly :proud: and I think scars are pretty cool :cool:
Reply 10
Yup. I'm very self conscious.
Yep, but I generally can't be bothered to hide them as are mainly on my lower arm, I also have a small one on my face, I used to be quite conscious about them, but I don't think they're too obvious, and if people notice them, I don't really care tbh.
I have 2 scars on my butt (attacked by a plastic chair :tongue:) and I used to wear swim shorts over my swimming costume to cover them up but now i cba, also they've rather faded now and probably just blend in with my stretch marks anyways
Nope, just learn to love them!
Original post by Lucarious30
Nope, just learn to love them!

That's good! I've stated to do the same, the Doctors did offer to my parents a solution: they would remove the skin from my leg and put it on my arm/neck. I'm so glad my parents didn't go through with it, otherwise my legs would have been ruined.. I enjoy wearing dresses shorts and skirts etc. I can easily cover my arms if I wish to do so and my hair covers it most of the time.
I have a large scar on my face from eyebrow to cheek, so I can't really hide it.

You can use bio-oil to reduce the colouring of it and I used to use scar plasters that had silicone in to reduce colouring too. Have a look on boots for both of those.

http://www.boots.com/en/Remescar-Silicone-Scar-Stick-5-4g_1445604/
I hide the one on my forehead with my fringe and the one in my eyebrow by shaping my eyebrow so the scar isn't visible

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have any but I can guarantee you this, people do not notice the scars as much as you think they do. A lot of the time they won't even notice it or see its there unless it's pointed out to them as no one focuses on one particular part of your body for that long
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I don't have any but I can guarantee you this, people do not notice the scars as much as you think they do. A lot of the time they won't even notice it or see its there unless it's pointed out to them as no one focuses on one particular part of your body for that long

My eyebrow one always used to get noticed and then had to explain it was caused by a wire fence

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a scar on my arm from a burn that looks like a little piece of ham. The only time I cover it is when I am cold. I don't see why people should hide scars, they all have stories and they are nothing to be ashamed of. Except I am slightly ashamed of mine as I got it from making tea which is the most british think I have ever done

Quick Reply

Latest