The Student Room Group

does anyone want to talk to me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemadhatter
oooh hmm I guess wine in terms of taste I havent tried a variety of alcoholic drinks though

I had no idea what I wanted to do either, I was truly in a puddle. However my therapist (who is a senior nurse) noticed that I enjoy helping people a lot and that I have a natural ability at it! I've always been interested in mental health from a very young age and at first I wanted to be a Doctor then I wanted to be Neuroscience scientist then I wanted to be a Paramedic and I also had my dad telling me he wanted me to do business and finance etc.

So anyway I was near tears because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and then my therapist suggested nursing and I hadnt really thought about it so I looked into it and realised its what I wanted to do AND I could get to it through a non academic route which is ideal for me because I've learnt in the past 2 years that I learn more from doing than memorising and sitting an exam that determines my life. So now I'm applying for nursing assistant positions or anything similar so I can work my way up and one of the things I applied for is a mental health assistant which I really hope I get as its closer to what I really am interested in.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4274598

Its all about finding out what you are good at and what interests you and allowing that to help determine what you want to do. I think even if I had not found out what I wanted to do, I would have taken a year off so I could work (retail maybe) and do volunteering work on the side because I love volunteering. I also dropped out of college which was a major big decision as everyone was against it but then I had the few people who trusted in my decision and knew that I would eventually be doing something I want and believed in me :smile:

Damn that's my life story right there :lol:

Wow, well good luck with the apprentice position.
Original post by RobML
I prefer medium dry in all honesty, but since you're offering...
Is the other half for you?v

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get a slap instead :grumble:

Original post by NotNotBatman
Wow, well good luck with the apprentice position.

thank you :h:
Hi, what type of music are you in to?
Reply 43
You'll get a slap instead :grumble:

:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
meh

Well hello:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

erm hi :redface:
Reply 47
erm hi :redface:

What's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
meh

Spoiler

Just kidding :mmm: what's up chérie :h: ?

Quick Reply

Latest