The Student Room Group

Help: 2 marks away from A*, should I remark?

The subject in question is Further Pure Mathematics from Edexcel. The A* was 89, but I got 87. So the question is, should I go for a remark and hope for an A*?
Also, my school didn't have enough time to teach the subject, we had 6 months instead of 2 years. So can I apply for special consideration or anything like that?
Thanks!
Original post by SeanDaMan
The subject in question is Further Pure Mathematics from Edexcel. The A* was 89, but I got 87. So the question is, should I go for a remark and hope for an A*?
Also, my school didn't have enough time to teach the subject, we had 6 months instead of 2 years. So can I apply for special consideration or anything like that?
Thanks!

It's too late to apply for special consideration.

Sadly, it's very unlikely for marks to change in Maths because of the nature of the subject. I'd just leave it - an A is fantastic still.*
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
It's too late to apply for special consideration.

Sadly, it's very unlikely for marks to change in Maths because of the nature of the subject. I'd just leave it - an A is fantastic still.*

Normally, I would. But my scholarship for my sixth form relies on that A* on further maths. So I'm pretty worried now.
Original post by SeanDaMan
Normally, I would. But my scholarship for my sixth form relies on that A* on further maths. So I'm pretty worried now.

Well, it's up to you. It's unlikely to change but not impossible by any means.
Go for a remark, I remember quite a few people also got remarks and went up from B's to A's, but don't be too hopeful about it tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by usycool1
Well, it's up to you. It's unlikely to change but not impossible by any means.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest