The Student Room Group

Southampton University

I did not get my firm or insurance, really disappointed, did go through clearing and have been offered a place at Southampton for MMaths. Is this a good university for Maths - Any advice please.
Original post by bexley
I did not get my firm or insurance, really disappointed, did go through clearing and have been offered a place at Southampton for MMaths. Is this a good university for Maths - Any advice please.

Hello I have moved this to the correct forum for you.

You could look at league tables (such as http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=mathematics) to see where Southampton is, but don't base your opinion of the uni on this as many people don't believe the league tables are accurate.

Have you had a look at the course on Southampton's website? Have you ever been to Southampton? It's important not to just go to the uni because they offered you a place, you could always apply to a different uni next year and resit your exams if necessary. You're going to spend 4 years at a uni if you do MMath so it's important to go somewhere you want to go to and that you will be happy at. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
Hello I have moved this to the correct forum for you.

You could look at league tables (such as http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=mathematics) to see where Southampton is, but don't base your opinion of the uni on this as many people don't believe the league tables are accurate.

Have you had a look at the course on Southampton's website? Have you ever been to Southampton? It's important not to just go to the uni because they offered you a place, you could always apply to a different uni next year and resit your exams if necessary. You're going to spend 4 years at a uni if you do MMath so it's important to go somewhere you want to go to and that you will be happy at. :smile:

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I have checked all of the above but I am still a bit nervous. Went to clearing day but no maths students to talk to for feed back.

Quick Reply

Latest