The Student Room Group

Which GCSE Result Are You Most Proud Of?

Well today is the day and I want to start but saying congratulations on your GCSE results and commiserations if you didn't get what you either hoped for or expected.

But regardless, you probably did work really hard to get your GCSEs, so I want you to say which GCSE you're most proud of and why!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
English. I was predicted a C but got two As in Eng lan and lit.
It was 4 years ago for me but I am most proud of my 89.75% in Geography. Narrow miss.
Original post by ǝʞɐɔ

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Congratulations :smile:

Thanks. Good thing is I can start clearing "Of mice and man" and "An Inspector Calls".
Original post by ǝʞɐɔ

Well done! :h: :congrats:
Did mine 5 years ago but my C in English was my proudest result after my English teacher telling me my handwriting was too bad to pass.
Three years ago now, and I wouldn't say I'm especially proud of it, but my biggest shock (in a good way!) was getting a C in French. :tongue: I actually passed, somehow! :tongue:
Reply 8
I always felt hopeless about English because I'm not a fluent speaker.
Got predicted a B in both English but got A*

Also felt unhappy about French grade boundaries but still managed to secure an A*

:biggrin::biggrin:
Did GCSEs last year and was proud of myself for getting an A* at all. I was predicted Bs and Cs and smashed that by miles :tongue:

Spoiler

Did mine 2 years ago but it would have to be getting an A in maths, it certainly opened doors for me and my maths course for uni considering I was predicted a B. :h:
Reply 11
Definitely my C in Maths. I worked so damn hard. That or my A in Sociology.
Last year getting an A* in Further Maths after I cried during the first exam
English Language and Literature since I always thought it would be impossible for me to get A*s.

Oh and French iGCSE because I cried after the Listening paper looollll
My A* in Eng lit ( which changed to a D at a levels not scaring anyone who's going to do A levels but damn be ready )and my C in french
Maths because I got an A after getting Cs in every mock I'd taken! Thank goodness for last minute revision.
A* in Arabic today, really unexpected seeing as I'm not a native and don't speak it at home.
A in maths! All through summer and after exam o thought I'd get a lower grade
Not super proud of any of them, but the most proud result for me was English Lit and Language, because I'm terrible at the subject and I still got 2 A's.
getting 100% in history and getting an A in french was the biggest surprise ever

Quick Reply

Latest