The Student Room Group

Can someone tell me what this means?

Hi everyone,
Hope youve all got the results you want for GCSE :smile:
I have a question about my english results, in the mark equivalent column it says I've got 122 which is a C. Are these UMS marks because i thought the UMS for english only went up to 120 and the paper is only out of 80. I have uploaded a picture just to try and explain what i mean :') Also, do you think it is worth getting a remark as although i am back in sixth form this is not the result i was expecting at all, after getting As/A*s in practise exams. Thanks :smile:
1472115626023-826466709.jpg
Original post by Braindead1
Hi everyone,
I have a question about my english results, in the mark equivalent column it says I've got 122 which is a C. Are these UMS marks because i thought the UMS for english only went up to 120 and the paper is only out of 80. I have uploaded a picture just to try and explain what i mean :') Also, do you think it is worth getting a remark as although i am back in sixth form this is not the result i was expecting at all, after getting As/A*s in practise exams. Thanks :smile:

Yeah, it's the UMS marks. the UMS for that paper is out of 180. I think it's very unlikely for your marks to go up from a C to an A/A* tbh, but you are 4 UMS away from the B boundary. It is a fair amount, though, but you never know. It's up to you if you want to go for the remark - maybe speak to your teachers.
Original post by Braindead1
Hi everyone,
I have a question about my english results, in the mark equivalent column it says I've got 122 which is a C. Are these UMS marks because i thought the UMS for english only went up to 120 and the paper is only out of 80. I have uploaded a picture just to try and explain what i mean :':wink: Also, do you think it is worth getting a remark as although i am back in sixth form this is not the result i was expecting at all, after getting As/A*s in practise exams. Thanks :smile:

You're only 1 raw mark from a B so I'd go for a remark.

Source: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

Quick Reply

Latest