The Student Room Group
It's one of the few things in life that I'm actually pretty good at.
Reply 2
As above, as well as my lack of any real interest for other subjects I looked at.
Reply 3
girls dig english students
Reply 4
I think literature gives you an insight into the human mind in a way that psychology, history and art don't come close to. If I couldn't study English at university, I don't think I'd go at all.
Reply 5
Lidia
I think literature gives you an insight into the human mind in a way that psychology, history and art don't come close to. If I couldn't study English at university, I don't think I'd go at all.

I completely agree.
Reply 6
empfrench
I completely agree.

:biggrin: :five:
Reply 7
English was a way to study lots of the other things I'm interested in too - History, Politics, Religion, Psychology, Sociology, Architecture, Music, Art...they can all come into it if you want them too. It's a fantastic 'carrier' subject for all the other fantastic possibilities. :smile:
The fact that I wanted to study comparative literature but didn't have a French A-level. Though I'd say it offers the possibility of studying a broader range of cultural history than any other degree.
Reply 9
it's the only thing i don't see as hard work or a bore.
Reply 10
I have a personality disorder.
Words are pretty.

Language is probably the fascinating part of being a human. Its variety and richness; its power to change the world, and how we perceive it.
I am good at it and I enjoy it a lot.

Latest

Trending

Trending