The Student Room Group

Help with WJEC English Language

Hello,

I have got my results and I only got a C in English Language (B in Literature) and I was wondering how far off a B I was but I can't find it out properly.

Next to the 'English Langua Cash in (Linear) it has a C and does not say the mark equivalent it just says '4' in the End1 column also says I got '4' in the points column.

In the lower section it says in both Higher Tier I got 38 c in both and in the Controlled assessments I got 45 b and 15 b.

What does this mean and how many marks off a grade B was I?
For 417102

So you got 38, which means you were 4 marks off a B and 10 marks off an A (16 off an A*!).

For 417202

Same story here!

For 417301

You got 45, which means you were 3 marks off an A (9 off an A*!).

Finally, for 417401

Congratulations! I hope this helps a little bit to reduce the confusion. WJEC's site is a little bit confusing. Sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you!

Original post by JamesFozzie
x
Reply 2
Original post by iEthan
x

Thank you so much for the help, so just to clarify I was 8 marks total of a B overall? Are those 8 normal marks (marks like they are usually in other exams?)
Thank you so much for the help, so just to clarify I was 8 marks total of a B overall? Are those 8 normal marks (marks like they are usually in other exams?)

Hey,

It's not a problem happy to help! You were 8 UMS marks off a B overall, I've never taken a WJEC qualification except for at A-Level and ours were marked in UMS too, so I believe it's just like the other exams. However, it could be different for GCSE so I can't give a definitive answer! :frown:

Either way, don't be too hard on yourself! You've done a good job. High fives all round!

Reply 4
Original post by iEthan
Hey,

It's not a problem happy to help! You were 8 UMS marks off a B overall, I've never taken a WJEC qualification except for at A-Level and ours were marked in UMS too, so I believe it's just like the other exams. However, it could be different for GCSE so I can't give a definitive answer! :frown:

Either way, don't be too hard on yourself! You've done a good job. High fives all round!

Thank you so much for your help! :hugs:
Thank you so much for your help! :hugs:

:biggrin: no problem! Didn't realise the second cat bites the guy in the GIF! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest