dentistry A-Level options

XX
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bump
bump
bump
Original post by sfaraj
do you NEED bio at A-Level to get into uni for dentistry?

i know queens belfast dont what about other unis?

Have a look on different unis websites to see what they say. Either that or phone them up.
Im not 100% sure myself if you NEED biology but it would certainly be useful.
bump
update:

can you take psychology instead of bio?
Original post by sfaraj
do you NEED bio at A-Level to get into uni for dentistry?

i know queens belfast dont what about other unis?

If you're even considering not taking A Level biology just because a university doesn't ask for it, you might as well not bother even applying. It's 5 years worth of biology.
I'm taking Maths, Bio and Chem and want to go into Dentistry.
Psychology is a science just as Biology is @sfaraj , check with uni websites..they normally want 2 sciences (ideally Bio and Chem or Maths and Bio or Maths and Chem).
Original post by sulaimanali
Psychology is a science just as Biology is @sfaraj

Pretty sure only natural sciences are considered.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
If you're even considering not taking A Level biology just because a university doesn't ask for it, you might as well not bother even applying. It's 5 years worth of biology.

um, thats not why im not taking bio...
Original post by sfaraj
um, thats not why im not taking bio...

Well why else wouldn't you?
Well why else wouldn't you?

if your school doesnt allow you to change options...
Original post by sfaraj
if your school doesnt allow you to change options...

Really? Your school won't let you change? You should've said this earlier; I'd honestly get your parents involved, not having biology is quite a big deal.
Really? Your school won't let you change? You should've said this earlier; I'd honestly get your parents involved, not having biology is quite a big deal.

i tried but it didnt solve anything. the head of 6th said that i can do AS Bio next year (i was told this after posting this thread btw)
Queen mary don't require bio
Original post by sfaraj
i tried but it didnt solve anything. the head of 6th said that i can do AS Bio next year (i was told this after posting this thread btw)

I don't understand though... School just started.

This is quite ridiculous.
Original post by sfaraj
update:

can you take psychology instead of bio?

Psychology is a social science, Biology is a natural science. Yes, both 'science', but different. Psychology is more down the humanities route. Unless the teeth you're going to be checking out can think and talk, I don't think the university will want it as much as bio. Biology would boost your chances of getting into uni for dentistry a LOT. And like that other guy said, if you don't like Biology, I wouldn't consider dentistry.

Quick Reply

Latest