The Student Room Group

A Level Grades in US

Ive done my A levels and 2 years in a UK university and I had to relocate to the US so I had to do my final year of uni there. Unfortunately when I transferred all my grades A levels and my university grades, all of it was equivalent to few courses in college. They told me I had to do 2 years in college and then again 4 years of university.
This is in California, has anyone else had this problem. Because I cant do my final year they just want me to start all over. Its the same course in uni that Ive picked out as well.
Original post by speedya2
Ive done my A levels and 2 years in a UK university and I had to relocate to the US so I had to do my final year of uni there. Unfortunately when I transferred all my grades A levels and my university grades, all of it was equivalent to few courses in college. They told me I had to do 2 years in college and then again 4 years of university.
This is in California, has anyone else had this problem. Because I cant do my final year they just want me to start all over. Its the same course in uni that Ive picked out as well.

That's very strange. I've just started my first year at a US uni on the east coast after Year 13 and I've managed to skip almost a semester of material thanks to A levels.

Talk to the registrar's office at your university personally. Explain to them the material you've covered and, if you're sure, how that would allow you to skip ahead.

If there are no explicit policies for A level/transfer credit, enquire about taking placement tests. (Again, not sure if that's available at your university but do ask).

Quick Reply

Latest