The Student Room Group

When will I receive my maintenance loan?

Hi,

Towards the start of this year I applied for Student Finance with SFE and received a letter back saying I was entitled to the full amount for a maintenance loan for living in London and the tuition loan of £9000. All sorted.

Unfortunately, after receiving my results I had to go through clearing and will now be studying undergraduate Biochemistry at Swansea University in the year 2016/17 instead. I have sent a form to SFE explaining my change of university as I know the maintenance loan will now be less as I won't be living in London anymore.

I was wondering if you could advise me on when my maintenance loan is paid into my account as I have an accommodation deposit to pay in the next 7 days and an accommodation instalment to pay by the end of October. As you can understand I want to ensure that my loan is received by the time I need to make this payment.

After all, this is the exact reason I applied for Student Finance; so that I had funding available for my accommodation costs.
Hi Ashleigh,

We require the university to confirm your registration to us once the course has started. We will submit payments once this has been received. The payments are normally in you account 3-5 working days after submitted.

Thanks

Carly
Reply 2
Right I see, and how long will it take, once I've registered on the course, before the payment is submitted?
Hi,

Once the confirmation of registration is sent it can take up to 24-48 hours to show on our systems, and provided we have received the student finance declaration, payment will be made within 3-5 working days.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi, in my situation I want to change my application from means assessed to non-means assessed. Will this be possible before I start in October?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending