The Student Room Group

UCLan ???

The UCLan thread is kind of dead so I'll post this here. I've been offered accommodation in Whitendale Hall, is it nice? What's it like? Anyone else going to be living there?
Original post by notanothereden
The UCLan thread is kind of dead so I'll post this here. I've been offered accommodation in Whitendale Hall, is it nice? What's it like? Anyone else going to be living there?

Hi! I know this reply is late but I'm posting in case other people want advice. I'm a third year at UCLan and I lived in halls in my first year. I lived in Eden Hall which is similar to Whitendale except it is slightly more expensive. In fact, I think Whitendale is the cheapest on campus.

I've seen Whitendale and it is quite basic (standard room and kitchen area with a shared bathroom) but I'll be honest when I say that this did not bother me when I lived in Eden. The idea of sharing a bathroom often puts people off but it's not as bad as you expect! It's just like being at home (unless you're unlucky and you have extra messy flatmates) and it forces you to leave your room every once in a while!

For me, halls was really about who I was with rather than what my flat looked like. Also, you can really transform a room by adding some personal touches like photos and cushions and fairy lights (if you're into that :biggrin:). Plus, it's only for one year! I found that living somewhere cheaper was better than having less money in my pocket so I could have my own bathroom.

It is all personal opinion though so try to see the accommodation before you get there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending