The Student Room Group

No luck with nhs applications

Im generally not good with applications but j have a lot of skills and experience and degree but i can't seem to write anything and before i got a lot of rejections . Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
The NHS is a failing, elitist, horribly managed service over-run by foreigners - don't bother applying there.
Reply 2
Original post by Justfedup
Im generally not good with applications but j have a lot of skills and experience and degree but i can't seem to write anything and before i got a lot of rejections . Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in the same position as yourself- I applied for Band 2-4 NHS jobs (and am a band 5 paramedic with previous hospital and nursing home experience), all the jobs that I applied for, I made sure that I had all the essential requirements and most of the desirable ones too before I applied for a position. I was amazed at the amount of positions where I didn't even get selected for interview stage, and I would phone up the recruitment team and ask for feedback! Many just came back with "oh it was so close and we can only choose 10 for interviews", and the interviews were much the same, " oh the candidate we chose for the job had more experience in the department that yourself (for a trainee band 2 position!), I since found out that many are recruited internally and that they have to obviously invite a few non-NHS staff for interviews, which I totally appreciate, but got completely disheartened when you thought you stood a good chance and the interviews went well, not knowing that your interview was just a formality and you didn't have a hope of getting the job at all!
:wink:Don't get too disheartened, you will get there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending