The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Living in housing at Gloucestershire

Anyone lived in housing? I will have to since I chose Gloucestershire through clearing, so just wondering what it's like, was it enjoyable or regrettable?
Original post by Dan-Bon
Anyone lived in housing? I will have to since I chose Gloucestershire through clearing, so just wondering what it's like, was it enjoyable or regrettable?

Lots of people I know applied to the University through clearing and were directed to the housing event; this year the housing event takes place on the 1st of September.

My friends who were then placed in housing had really nice accommodation and they even said it helped them prepare for second year when everyone has to find a house and set up bill payments.

In addition to this they also said it was a nice way of meeting other students from different campuses who were studying different courses, so they made a network of friends pretty quickly during Freshers' Fortnight.

In general living in Cheltenham and Gloucestershire is great as a student as there are so many bars, restaurants and clubs, and the town has a festival near enough every other week so there is always a lot going on.

Hopefully you will have the time of your life here, but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch.

Jack
The University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Gloucestershire
Lots of people I know applied to the University through clearing and were directed to the housing event; this year the housing event takes place on the 1st of September.

My friends who were then placed in housing had really nice accommodation and they even said it helped them prepare for second year when everyone has to find a house and set up bill payments.

In addition to this they also said it was a nice way of meeting other students from different campuses who were studying different courses, so they made a network of friends pretty quickly during Freshers' Fortnight.

In general living in Cheltenham and Gloucestershire is great as a student as there are so many bars, restaurants and clubs, and the town has a festival near enough every other week so there is always a lot going on.

Hopefully you will have the time of your life here, but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch.

Jack

Thanks alot, put my mind at ease :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending