The Student Room Group

How to cope with year 13

I am heading into year 13 and I've been hearing that it is very stressful and hectic. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to cope with juggling university applications and 3 A Levels as i am already stressed and i haven't begun the year yet.
What is a good revision technique for splitting all A Levels equally?
How to get high grades at A Levels? Thank you
It's not so bad. When exams started I was spending the majority of my free time on studying but it still wasn't too stressful, it's not like you are cramming it all in, it was just taking up a lot of time.

What I would suggest is don't worry too much about studying/revising at the start of the year. For the first few months I did nothing outside of school apart from the homework that was set. Focus on getting your uni application done

As for splitting A-levels equally, is that the best idea? I don't think you should specifically try to allocate an equal amount of time to each one. But you could do something like one subject one day, another subject the next etc, that's if you don't mind spending a fair amount of time doing the same thing.

Personally I didn't start doing any revision until around March, but I did quite a lot of revision after then. I would make sure that after school I would do at least one thing (like one past paper for example, and then just do another if I didn't feel too tired), and weekends as well if I wasn't busy. All I would do is revise a different subject to the one I had the day before, that way I knew all subjects were getting a decent amount of revision time
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest