The Student Room Group

Good enough for Medicine?

1A* - English Literature
6A - Maths, Philosophy, French, Business, Art and ICT.
7B - English Language, Triple Science, Spanish, Geography and PE.
Not the results of a typical medicine applicant (especially with your B's in Science), but with a lot of hard work at A-level it's definitely possible. :h: Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Not the results of a typical medicine applicant (especially with your B's in Science), but with a lot of hard work at A-level it's definitely possible. :h: Good luck!

Ahh ok I understand, thank you! :smile:
Original post by CiCi18
1A* - English Literature

You are good enough for anything you chose to you, i believe you can do it, just believe in yourself and smash these a levels, thats the main thing that matters :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MathSci1999
You are good enough for anything you chose to you, i believe you can do it, just believe in yourself and smash these a levels, thats the main thing that matters :smile:

Aww thank you! :smile:
You meet the GCSE entry requirements for most of the medical schools so it should be ok. Just work hard during A levels and get 3/4 A's and do work experience :smile: Good luck! everything is possible.
Reply 6
It probably won't be easy for you because medicine is obviously very competitive and plus your sciences are at Bs but just work hard for A levels because that is what really matters. I want to study law in the future but didn't get the best grades possible either but I will definitely work harder for A levels and achieve my personal goals. Nevertheless you did great, well done for them and prepare and work hard for A levels. Good luck!!
Reply 7
Medicine is probably the most competitive course, with a very higher applicant to offer ratio.
It is definitely possible if try apply to universities that place less emphasise on GCSEs, and more on work experience, voluntary work, A levels etc.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by mithi98
You meet the GCSE entry requirements for most of the medical schools so it should be ok. Just work hard during A levels and get 3/4 A's and do work experience :smile: Good luck! everything is possible.

Thank you, and yeah I am trying to gain work experience soon :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anmol_.
It probably won't be easy for you because medicine is obviously very competitive and plus your sciences are at Bs but just work hard for A levels because that is what really matters. I want to study law in the future but didn't get the best grades possible either but I will definitely work harder for A levels and achieve my personal goals. Nevertheless you did great, well done for them and prepare and work hard for A levels. Good luck!!

Aha yeah a bit worried but thank you :smile: I hope you'll manage to ace your A levels and successfully pursue your career as lawyer too!
Reply 10
Original post by Baaah
Medicine is probably the most competitive course, with a very higher applicant to offer ratio.
It is definitely possible if try apply to universities that place less emphasise on GCSEs, and more on work experience, voluntary work, A levels etc.

Good luck :smile:

Ahh thank you! Would you be able to recommend any universities that are not as heavily reliant on GCSE's? Many thanks :smile:
Original post by CiCi18
1A* - English Literature

Imperial, BSMS, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Durham, Lancaster and Cambridge are your friends.

Edit: Also, how do you get an A* in Lit, but a B in Lang?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by CiCi18
Aha yeah a bit worried but thank you :smile: I hope you'll manage to ace your A levels and successfully pursue your career as lawyer too!

Maybe this page will be of help. (read the 'other requirements' column too)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements
Reply 13
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Imperial, BSMS, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Durham, Lancaster and Cambridge are your friends.

Edit: Also, how do you get an A* in Lit, but a B in Lang?

Aww thank you for the recommendations! Even the idea of Cambridge seems so surreal to me! Well, I was literally only a mark off an A in language which annoyed the living hell out of me :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Baaah
Maybe this page will be of help. (read the 'other requirements' column too)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending