The Student Room Group

Should i retake bio?

I dunno if i should retake as biology cause i got a U. I'm still accepted into the course, and the As grade does NOT count towards the a level. So is it still worth doing?
Original post by Kalikuku
I dunno if i should retake as biology cause i got a U. I'm still accepted into the course, and the As grade does NOT count towards the a level. So is it still worth doing?

You need to think about why you got that grade:

Was it because of outside circumstances that prevented you from doing well? Do you think you didn't put much effort in and could try harder? Have you done better in class assessments throughout the year and just did badly at this?

Or was it due to a lack of understanding of the content at AS? How was the subject throughout the year? Did you enjoy it?

Would talking to your teacher help you decide? Is it needed for what you'd like to do in the future? Do you think you could do well if you retook the subject?

Sorry for all the questions, but they're all things to consider. I hope it helps. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
You need to think about why you got that grade:

Was it because of outside circumstances that prevented you from doing well? Do you think you didn't put much effort in and could try harder? Have you done better in class assessments throughout the year and just did badly at this?

Or was it due to a lack of understanding of the content at AS? How was the subject throughout the year? Did you enjoy it?

Would talking to your teacher help you decide? Is it needed for what you'd like to do in the future? Do you think you could do well if you retook the subject?

Sorry for all the questions, but they're all things to consider. I hope it helps. :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest