The Student Room Group

I have an unusual A-level situation so can I still apply to AAA uni courses?

Hi! I have a very confusing situation but I really need advice for applying to uni.

I was very unwell in my first yer of college so I ended up missing a lot of college. When I returned from hospital my school was really supportive and allowed me to complete my 4 alevels over 3 years. This means that I currently have 2 A2 levels at grades A (Geography) and B (Psychology). I still have 1 more year of college left and my teachers have predicted that I will achieve As in my other 2 subjects (English literature and History).

I need some advice: will unis think my application is weaker than other applicants because my situation is a little bit different? Also will I be allowed to apply to unis asking for AAA for entry requirements (I am applying for English lit). I am applying this September for 2017 entry.

Please can you give me advice!
Reply 1
If you have the required predicted grades and are predicted AAA, which you are, there's no reason for them not to consider your application! I applied to uni in my third year of A Levels lacking an entire subject at A level (this was the subject I was applying to study), but received offers from all unis to which I had applied because I had the required predicted grade in the said subject. :smile:
Original post by studentzz97
Hi! I have a very confusing situation but I really need advice for applying to uni.

I was very unwell in my first yer of college so I ended up missing a lot of college. When I returned from hospital my school was really supportive and allowed me to complete my 4 alevels over 3 years. This means that I currently have 2 A2 levels at grades A (Geography) and B (Psychology). I still have 1 more year of college left and my teachers have predicted that I will achieve As in my other 2 subjects (English literature and History).

I need some advice: will unis think my application is weaker than other applicants because my situation is a little bit different? Also will I be allowed to apply to unis asking for AAA for entry requirements (I am applying for English lit). I am applying this September for 2017 entry.

Contact the the universities that you went. Provide evidence, and I don't see why they won't consider you seriously.
Reply 3
Universities are usually sympathetic to applicants with unusual circumstances—given the range of international qualifications people do and the number of A-level students out there who've had illness or family circumstances &c, they'll have unusual applicants every year.

I agree that talking to some universities that you're potentially interested in applying to earlier rather than later would be wise—admissions people are normally pleased to hear from interested potential applicants and they should know exactly what you need to do.
Reply 4
Original post by smartsy
If you have the required predicted grades and are predicted AAA, which you are, there's no reason for them not to consider your application! I applied to uni in my third year of A Levels lacking an entire subject at A level (this was the subject I was applying to study), but received offers from all unis to which I had applied because I had the required predicted grade in the said subject. :smile:

Thank you so much! Its' nice to know that it all worked out for you and you were in my same situation!
Original post by studentzz97

agreed with those saying email admissions soon- explain the situation and would you still be considered equally and you should be able to gauge from the response whether it is worth your while applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending