The Student Room Group

A question for Muslim girls...

...would you ever marry a gay man?

Let's say he's more or less the perfect guy for you, he's a practicing Muslim, he's educated, family oriented, he makes you laugh, he treats you well, you enjoy being around him, and he enjoys being around you and wants to be with you......but he's gay.

Is that a total deal breaker? Or would you be willing to compromise on the "normal" physical relationship you'd have with a straight man if he ticked every other box?

Some of you might be thinking how it'd even be possible for a gay man to be with or want to be with a woman, but romantic attraction and sexual attraction do not always go hand in hand, and whilst somebody may be sexually attracted to a certain gender, they may not necessarily feel a romantic attraction towards them.

And as always, this is the relationship section, so please take any discussions about Islam or your personal feelings towards Islam elsewhere.

Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Let's say he's more or less the perfect guy for you, he's a practicing Muslim, he's educated, family oriented, he makes you laugh, he treats you well, you enjoy being around him, and he enjoys being around you and wants to be with you......but he's gay.

Is that a total deal breaker? Or would you be willing to compromise on the "normal" physical relationship you'd have with a straight man if he ticked every other box?

Some of you might be thinking how it'd even be possible for a gay man to be with or want to be with a woman, but romantic attraction and sexual attraction do not always go hand in hand, and whilst somebody may be sexually attracted to a certain gender, they may not necessarily feel a romantic attraction towards them.

And as always, this is the relationship section, so please take any discussions about Islam or your personal feelings towards Islam elsewhere.

Thanks for reading.

do u mean basically being in a relationship minus the sex and sexual attraction?
Why does this gay man want to marry a woman ?
Original post by happiness12

this is such a stupid question if you were gay why would you want to marry a woman
Reply 4
Original post by shawtyb
do u mean basically being in a relationship minus the sex and sexual attraction?

In a nutshell...
Reply 5
Original post by happiness12

Because he feels no romantic attraction towards men, and wants to spend the rest of his life with a woman.
Reply 6
In a nutshell...

im not muslim but if it ever happened to me and i considered him like my best mate who i cared for as a mate then why not but id still get my sex elsewhere...obviously
Reply 7

Thanks for reading.

Why would a girl of any religion marry a gay man?
Original post by shawtyb
im not muslim but if it ever happened to me and i considered him like my best mate who i cared for as a mate then why not but id still get my sex elsewhere...obviously

I can provide the sex mate
Reply 9
oh just read the thing...marry

no i wouldnt marry one, only a standard relationship!
Because he feels no romantic attraction towards men, and wants to spend the rest of his life with a woman.

Heteroromantic homosexual pretty much sums that up.
Original post by TheYearNiner
I can provide the sex mate

its been covered already
Original post by M14B

If she's asexual but still has romantic feelings for men then why not?
Original post by M14B

Why not? Perhaps they believe it takes more than sex to form a strong and sustainable relationship with somebody :dontknow:
Reply 14
Original post by WBZ144
If she's asexual but still has romantic feelings for men then why not?

Sorry I do not follow all this.
*Leaves thread*

ok so he is gay but feels no romantic attraction towards men , totally makes sense (not really)
Reply 16
I sexually identify as the earth beneath the feet of mankind and this post triggers me as such. Please check your privilege.
I dont think you know the definition of being gay. :colonhash:
Maybe, it depends on his faith. Who knows... Maybe he might get over his tendencies?

Thanks for reading.

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/08/22/from-a-same-sex-attracted-muslim-between-denial-of-reality-and-distortion-of-religion/

You could ask the writer of this article. He can relate to some things in your post.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest