The Student Room Group

Arabic AS Level

Hi there,

I'm considering studying Arabic to AS level as part of my Student Selected Component (SSC) at UCL. I achieved an A* in GCSE Arabic in Year 10 (3 years ago) and I speak informal Arabic (Lebanese dialect) to a relatively basic level. Would 48 hours of intensive lessons (from SSC) plus some self-study be enough to sit the AS exam in June 2017? If not, I could sit the International AS level in January 2018, but I've heard that exam is much harder than standard A-level Arabic which is being scrapped.

Can any previous A-level Arabic students comment on this and recommend which books get for AS?

P.S: First Year Medical Student about to join UCL. Everyone has to do a SSC
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Trust me you don't need a revision book! It's all about your speaking listening, reading, and writing! I'm an Arab myself and as long as you can understand a few words then you'll be okay. If you got an A* in Arabic GCSE you can get an A/B in A Level. Just keep your head down and keep on practicing. Best of luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest